November 29, 2008

Post 29 of 30: Christmas Decor

First off, I'd like to say that THIS IS MY 300TH POST!!! Can you believe it?!

'Cause I sure can't!

Well, we had a FULL day of cleaning today. I wanted to clean real good and put away fall stuff to make way for Christmas Stuff!!! I almost started last weekend but decided to wait.

I made these cute frames that say JOY. You can't tell but there is a polka dotted scrap paper in the middle background. I think they turned out cute. Those are on display in the living room!





I ended up having leftover fake garland, so I made a little wreath and attempted to make a cute bow. That obviously didn't work out all to well. I had to settle for these red ball things. They are ornaments for the tree. I think it worked out though.

We got our first Christmas card in the mail today. Can you see it?! I am trying this out as a card holder too. It's up high on a wall in between the living room and kitchen. So far, I think I like it. Now, if we could just get some more Christmas cards to put on there...




Here is what I have been scheming in my head for the past year. I have to say, I LOVE how it turned out!


Clearly, this is fake garland. I got some over sized ornaments at Ace Hardware along with some velvety ribbon and voila!




Another little new project. I had two leftover poinsettias from the bridal shower last weekend. I added them to our mantle with a little bit of garland and some of the Christmas decorations from last year... LOVE IT!



I was originally going to put the JOY frames above the mantle (under the clock). I decided that would have been too busy. I think I'm pretty happy how it all turned out!

Now we just need our tree. I have readied the corner and we are good to go! I love Christmas decoration. It's so bright and cheerful. I do have to say I am wiped from cleaning all day long!

When do YOU start decorating for Christmas?!

And when do you take it down? Is it a right after Christmas kind of thing or do you like to let it live on just a little bit longer?

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Everything looks so cute!!! I am gonna try to put my stuff up tomorrow...we shall see! And I usually get my real tree the first weekend in December..and I take everything down the day after new years!

Be careful that Roxy doesn't eat those poinsettias! They are poisonous to cats!

Anonymous said...

Wow.... you have organised your home pretty well for Christmas.