December 23, 2007

Style 101


We had my family's 'Chrismas Eve Seafood Supper' a few days early. We went to my brother and SIL's house yesterday and had the most yummy-est food! My Nonni (grandma in italian) cooked Zuppa de pesce (I think that is spelled right...possibly not though). It is pasta with tomato sauce and any kind of seafood you can think of in there! Oh my mouth is watering while we speak. Anywho...back to the topic at hand. My bro and SIL got me this book. I glanced through the index after I opened it and then started looking through it when I got home. I have got to say I LOVE IT! You know when you are reading a magazine and find a little tid-bit that you want to clip out and save because it is the perfect little tip you've been awaiting, but you just know it will sit around, get lost and you will eventually end up losing it? Well, this book is ALL of those tips chalked into one...and it's gotta be hard to lose...I mean come on people...IT''S A BOOK! It has HOW TO beauty (find a signature scent, eat right for your skin), HOW TO fashion (make your shoes last, buy a winter coat), HOW TO home (arrange flowers, create a five-star bed), HOW TO entertaining (decipher a dress code, look better in photos). How AMAZING is all of that, and let me tell you...there is TONS more in there! It's like a reference book for style! Needless to say, I just love the book/gift and will be reading it and marking it for things that I will be doing in the future!

0 comments: