January 16, 2008

Premarital Counseling?!?!

Yes Folks! You heard it! Pre-Marital Counseling!


Can you BELIEVE IT?!?!




So, me being the planner that I am, decided to email the Pastor and the church that I grew up going to. You know, just to make sure the date was open for OUR WEDDING. I was not particular on whether or not I HAD to get married in a church, but in talking to Mister R about it, we decided to do it that way. I sent an email via the church website to Pastor Mark and waited excitedly to hear back...all day long!



When I finally received the reply to my email, I hurriedly read through it. A portion of said email read as follows:




"I’ll want to meet with you and your fiancĂ© at least twice –

to plan the ceremony and to do some pre-marriage counseling."




Ughgh! Immediately the thought in my head was, Premarital Counseling...Premarital Counseling? Why? What? Huh? Why?! What are they going to ask us? Are we going to get into trouble for not going to Church EVERY Sunday? Is he going to ask if we live together before marriage? Is he going to want to know about our 'personal relations'?





Because let me tell you...I don't really want to go into personal stuff like that with the Pastor! And I believe in God, but I don't believe that you HAVE to go to church EVERY Sunday just to show that you believe!






What are YOUR thoughts on PREMARITAL COUNSELING?

Did you have to do it?

What did they talk about/ask you and your significant other?













1 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Oh boy!!!! Well, my Uncle is being ordaned a priest next month..and I know in the Catholic religion if you fornicated you have to go to reconciliation...and say penance before the marriage. And you have to say abstinant. And yes, they will ask you everything. But thats the Catholic church. Not sure with your church. GOOD LUCK!!!! Just be honest. They will be understanding. It is 2008!