January 2, 2008

We're Engaged!


And I say we because it really is us...not just me!!! Oh my gosh...can you believe it?! I got flowers sent to work on New Years Eve from MY Mister (I can say that now!). The note on the flowers said, looking forward to the next year together. So I was just thinking, oh my, I have the best boyfriend EVER!
Well, I get home from work and he continues to tell me that he has made reservations at 5...YES FIVE different restaurants and I got to pick which one we went to. I asked him why and he just said, it's New Years Eve and we're not doing anything, so I thought we'd go out to dinner. I just kept thinking, what did I do to deserve this man?!
Well, we left for dinner, but right before I put my BEAUTIFUL flowers on the coffee table next to the lamp. I turned the lamp on so it wouldn't be dark when we got home from din din.
We walk in the door from dinner and the light is off and I see little petals all over the floor in the faint sight that I can actually see. I was thinking the animals knocked over the flowers and the lamp and ruined everything. My Mister turned on the light and there is a song playing in the background (one of which I had uploaded to a photo slide show I had made for him last year), my flowers were moved to the center of the room, there were 2 champagne glasses and champage, chocolates and a box. Mister R got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I of course said YES YES YES! And could not stop smiling the entire night...come to think of it...I can't stop smiling even now!
What a wonderful way to end and start the 2007 into 2008.
I can't even think of the perfect words to describe it. I truly love that man.

2 comments:

Zizi said...

I am so happy for you both!!! Makes me wish i was young again...wait, i am young!! TEE HEE HEE...at lease i feel that way.
It is an exciting time in your lives and the planning is fun..don't fight too much!!!
Then only think i didn't like about the wedding day was walking down that LONG LONG LONG isle...remember that Bella?
Enjoy!!!
Love ya both,
Zizi Nikki

Krista said...

Love the story! 5 restaurants?! Wow!