March 15, 2008

Dips, brownies and babies

Whew! It's only Saturday night and it's already been an eventful weekend! Last night, we had our usual PIZZA FRIDAY! Then we went grocery shopping for some of the fun stuff we were going to make this weekend. I did some cleaning and then made a homemade spinach and artichoke dip for today. Two of the girlfriends came over to just hang out and have an appetizer day. This morning, Ava (the little niecey) came over at eight o'clock in the mornin'. We made some brownies and then the girls came over. One of my friends has a little girl who is a little over 1 year old (she is SO darn cute!). We just hung out and it was really a great day! Now...I'm just blogging :-) and watching a Lifetime movie. The Mister had a show tonight. I was just so exhausted after today that I had no energy to socialize (ha!). I am getting good at remembering to take pictures. I have always wanted to have more pictures but never remembered to take any...so I'm trying to be aware!

Hope your weekend is great so far!



These are my ingredients for the SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP. I don't like when recipes have too many ingredients (I don't know why, it's weird, I know, but it just bothers/annoys me :-). This recipe is really very simple. For the recipe click here.
This is the finished product. I forgot to take a picture of it while it was heated in the crockpot...mmm...SO deliscious! Seriously, it was even better than getting it at a restaurant, so fresh! We also had bread with spinach dip and a veggie tray and some brownies (can't forget the chocolate!).



As I had mentioned before, we made some brownies this morning. I, being the good aunt that I am, had to let Ava lick the beaters...




...and lick the bowl! We were all kids once and remember that being the BEST part! I still like doing it today!







This is the finished product. Aren't they so cute! I found these little heart shaped tins, so we decided to make individual brownies.


This picture didn't really turn out too well, which brings me to another subject...we need a new camera!
I think Mason was kind of bored today. I caught him not caring much here, just laying there, probably wishing that a) someone would just give him some scraps or b) he wishes everyone would leave so he could have some peace and quiet. Although, he was all tuckered out after they all left!





Oh and p.s. I did gather up the energy to go out and do some shopping tonight. When I got there, I asked myself what the heck I was doing?! The mall was SO crowded and it was just very unpleasant and stinky in there. Oh well, I got some cute shirts :-)


0 comments: