May 24, 2008

Breakfast and Flea Market

Well, today was a good day! My tooth is still sore from having more work done on it and it's driving me crazy!!!

We went out to breakfast this morning at Grandma V's and then just relaxed all day, along with putting together our wedding website.

I went over to Jessica's to see her new house...I love it!

Then we went to the fairgrounds. They were having an overnight antique flea market. My brother and sister-in-law have found some neat stuff there and I was hoping to find some fun things to start decorating around here. I was praying that I would find something that I liked. As we were looking around, I felt like I was being picky and was going to end up going home with nothing.

Then I came across this...





And it was only $1! So I thought...why the heck not?! I want to paint it black maybe and then figure out where to hang it and what to put in it and/or around it.

Two minutes later....I found this! I LOVE it!!! We were talking about getting something similar but with storage to put our blankets in. This'll do though! I am going to paint it black to match the other furniture in our living room. I also want to either find or make a cusion to put on top of it. It's pretty much what I was looking for! Yay!!! :-)





This is the 'whole' picture as to where it would be going and why it needs to be painted...can you say 'eyesore' right now?!






Roxy was exploring the bench when I got home. She was sniffing it out and slowly creeping around it.




This was my last and final purchase (I ran out of money...but to my advantage I didn't bring that much). It's so summery looking and cute! I've been keeping my eye out for a shoulder bag that I didn't have to carry! Found it!
I guess it paid off to go to the flea market. I love it there! It would be much better to see if we went to one of the ones that is during the day. I'm going to have to hit that place up some more. We didn't even end up looking at all of the stuff they had there.
Total spent...$31.00! Not too shabby!




0 comments: