September 20, 2008

Coloring and Trash or Treasure?

I just have to say, my weekend started out right! I ended up taking a half day at work and getting out just after noon! That's a great way to start the weekend if I may say so myself! :-)

I got to hang out with Ava on Saturday and spent some quality time with my bestie Jenny. It was a fun time.

We all colored and talked plenty about wedding stuff, since both of our weddings are coming just around the corner we like to call 'winter'.

En route to drop the little Miss off to my mom, we had some time to kill so I decided to take a jaunt into this little trash/treasure~ish store. After being in this blog world, I have realized that possibilities are often found in rare places. The store was called Whatnot and looked kind of like a junk yardish type store. I thought that I must be able to find something that I could redo and use. You bet I did!!!


I've been looking for a smaller nightstand for my side of the bed. I've always wanted one and would hope to have matching ones, but have learned that they don't always have to match. I found this cute little thing (which, don't worry, I'm repainting it brown!!!) and thought it would be perfect.

Tall enough, yet perfect in size. I started to sand it before painting, when paper like pieces came off of the top. Turns out it was wallpaper or something of the sort, weird! I decided to try spraypaint in lue of regular 'ole paint brush and bucket route. I have to say...I LOVE IT!!! Yet another great tip I have learned through the blog-o-sphere! I got the cutest lamp from Target to go on it...I'll post AFTER pictures when I'm completely finished.

Another fun find...a wooden rocking chair! I have been wanting one for the living room, just as a side chair. I plan on repainting this black to go with the living room. Love it! I have to add that I only spent $50 on both of these. I wish it were a little bit less, but I can at least say that I love both things I got, so it was a happy fifty dollars spent. The weekend is just going to get better with my first Chicago Bears Game!!! Hopefully I'll get some decent pics... Hope all of your weekends are wonderful!

0 comments: