December 29, 2008

Dang good chili!

Last week I decided to make chili one day.

I have no personal recipe that I prefer - I only really know my Dad's chili. His is a pretty simple chili - no frills, just your typical stuff.

I think I'm pretty partial to that kind of chili myself.

I went onto the worldwideweb in search of a good recipe and found a one pot chili, went to the store, got my ingredients and came home hoping it would turn out okay.

Well...I tweaked it a bit and ended up with a dang good bowl of chili. Mmmm...it was delish!




One Pot Chili

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion
salt
pepper
1 big can tomato juice
1 big can diced tomatoes
3 cans dark red kidney beans
chili powder


Brown ground beef along with onions. Season with salt and pepper. Drain. Add tomato juice, diced tomatoes and kidney beans and bring to a light boil. Add chili powder to taste - about 4 tablespoons or just over half of 2.5 ounce bottle. Add a dash of sugar and salt to flavor.


Yields: One big pot

1 comments:

Krista said...

yum ... I'm hungry. And I just had breakfast an hour ago.