March 31, 2008

Go Cubs Go

We've (me and my Mister) kind of started a tradition. This will be our third year going to opening day at Wrigley together. So far, we have 2 losses and 1 win under our belt, today being one of the losses :-( Oh well, there is still a full season ahead of us. It was a GREAT day though. We were blocked from the rain, it was amazing, considering we weren't completely covered by the awning. The wind was in our favor though and blowing out, away from us. The temperature was even comfortable and not cold at all. Thanks to my Dad, we got awesome seats, yet again! We were one section up behind home plate and over a teeny bit. It was great! There was a little rain delay but not too bad. What a great way to end the weekend!
GO CUBBIES!!!
P.S. we took plenty of pics
I'm doing pretty well with that. I told Ryan we have to for the blog! ha!



I caught the sign as we were going in
This is the view from our seats, the picture doesn't do it justice

Would have been a great pic, had my eyes been open...

Not as great a background as the last, but a cute one

Did I mention my Grandma is an usher at Wrigley? We found her with the zoom on the camera (note, she is not waving to us...we didn't quite realize that right away!)

Ernie Banks had an unveiling of a memorial statue to him, this is the ceremony with various honorable mentions (i.e. Fergie Jenkins, Jesse Jackson, Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks and unknown)

The scoreboard

A band that started to play in the walkway right up from our seats

0 comments: