April 3, 2008

Cake



1. No, this is not our wedding cake

2. I haven't eaten ANY cake today and it's been sitting over by my desk!!!

Aren't you just SO darn proud of me? I sure am proud of myself! I have been at this diet thing since Monday mornin' and have done great, except for last night, when I allowed myself to have 3 pieces of pizza (the square kind). I only ate the crust on 1 1/2 pieces of it and just ate the cheese on the other 1 1/2 pieces (you have to live a little!). I don't like calling it a diet though, that makes it sound like I'm eating unbelievable BOring foods. It's not like it. I mean, sure, I'm not eating pancakes and doritos, etc. But I am constantly eating, which is a good thing (at least I think so). I haven't had many cravings for all the sweets that I used to LOVE to eat. Believe me, I would love to be chowing down on chocolate right now, but that's just not healthy to eat all the sweets that I'm used to eating. We had a little going away party for one of the guys at work (it's really not as big of a deal as it was made...he's going to the department down the hall). There were subs, pasta salad, chips and homemade cake. While I did contribute money to it...I DIDN'T EAT ANY OF IT!!! And it's sitting right by my desk! I wasn't even tempted really!!! I just thought I'd gloat a bit! Thanks for listening.

p.s. tonight is my first night taking the dog outside since the incident...wish me luck :-)

0 comments: