April 8, 2008

Boredom = Food



I am currently bored, watching the minutes tick by, waiting for that glorious clock on my work phone to click to 7:00pm. In my quest of something to do, I decided to googled 'crab avacado salad'. Why, you ask?! I used to work at this hotel. They have this really good restaurant called KARMA. It shouldn't be where it is and it needs a little update, but one of my FAVORITE dishes there was THE CRAB SALAD. It was SO good! It was under the appetizers but I would get it as my meal...mmm, thinking about it right now is making my mouth water :-) It was formed a little bit differently than the recipe I'm about to share and had a bit less crab, but it comes in pretty close, and well, anything with crab and avocado will do for me!
Here is the recipe, shall you need it :-) If you want the link to the recipe, click HERE

1 cup Crab Meat, Cooked (approx 1/2 lb)
2 Jalapeno Chiles, seeded and minced
1/4 Red Onion, Chopped
1 Clove Garlic, Finely Chopped
1/4 cup Tomato, Chopped, 1 small
2 tbl Cilantro, Fresh, Snipped
2 tbl Olive Oil
3/4 tsp Salt
Ground Pepper (to Taste)
2 Avocados, Peeled & Chopped
1/4 cup Lime Juice
Place the Crab meat in a medium glass mixing bowl. Add the jalapenos, Onion, garlic, tomato and cilantro. Mix well. Add the oil, salt and pepper.
Fold in the chopped avacados, being careful not to smash the salad. Mix in the lime juice. Either serve immediately, or cover and chill.
Serves 6

I would, personally, emit the jalepeno's...if you didn't know, I'm not a huge fan of spiciness.


1 comments:

Mrs. B said...

You're slackin! I wanna new blog to read!!!! :)