April 7, 2008

I forgot to mention

I don't know how I forgot to mention the little 'jaunt' we got to have on Saturday night! So, me and the Mister were just lounging around, having our usual 'pass out on the couch' Saturday night. It was around 12:45 am (yes, in the morning) and I awoke to the sound of a siren going off. Of course, I was sound asleep and startled, so I was in a kind of confused state. I looked over to Ryan on the couch (he had just woken up as well) and was just kind of staring at me. I honestly thought something was seriously wrong!!! I remember saying, "Do we really have to go outside?!" He replied with, "There's no fire, no." Well, our neighbors were banging on doors and outside already, so we figured we may as well make our presence known :-)
It clearly seemed as though there was no fire. There was obviously no rush when it came to peeps gettings outside. So we put the leash on Mason and made our way outside. I was kind of worried with everyone being out there (Mason is a barker to people he doesn't know). We went out the other door. After what seemed to be like 10-15 minutes, the firetrucks finally arrived. The firemen went inside and came right out telling us we can go back inside. While we were on our way back up to our apartment, I overheard one of them saying, "Oh nothing to worry, it's just old (the alarm)." Um...HELLO?!?! Thanks apartment management for our safe living quarters?! Shouldn't these things be checked out regularly??? I wish we could move! Too many stupid things happening lately...or am I just overreacting?!

0 comments: