May 29, 2008

Favorite Room

I am participating a 'favorite room' in your house post over on Kelly's Korner blog. You can check her's out HERE.

I would have to say that my most favorite room in our apartment is our livingroom. And may I remind you it is an apartment. That means we cannot paint or really decorate as much as I'd like. I think the thing that really gets me is the WHITE walls! They drive me absolutely crazy sometimes!

Like those times right now...when I take pictures of our place, the white walls look so ghastly to me, I just can't stand it!

I also want to state that we are kind of new to moving in. It's been about a little over a year and I'm still in the process of 'decorating'. I am trying to find my niche when it comes to decorating as well.

I want to hit up some flea markets and try and find some neat stuff to fill our house and make it a home!

Alright, enough of that...here we go...


This is the view of our living room, looking in from the patio. Wow it looks so much smaller in the pictures!



This is my red lamp that I found at Target on clearance! I love it and it made me decide to use red as an accent color in the living room. Like the treadmill that is so {un}hidden in the living room?!

Unbeknownst to us, we got a fireplace when we moved in! It kind of created a hard time when it came to setting up the livingroom, but we're dealing and we like it! I love the shelf (my brother and sil got it for us) we have up above the fireplace for pictures. I want to get something else to put on the wall there.


This is the little bookshelf nook that I recently added to the living room. When we had a smaller tv, it was tucked away in the corner over there. I have so many magazines and we have a bunch of books, so I thought I would put them out here. I got some dark wicker baskets to put on the bottom shelf and I put my magazines in there!



This is our semi-new tv. I believe we got it a couple of months ago (can't remember anymore! ha!). It's pretty cool! And those are my Marilyn pictures above. I don't know why, but I just love her, there is something vintage about her that I like.


More pictures to come on this, but this is my current project. I found the bend there from a flea market and I'm in the process of painting/decorating/sorting out that area.
So there, you have it. That's my favorite room. I realize it's not totally decorating or anything, but I'm working my way there. I love it though because it's where we hang out all of the time. It's comfort to me. It's home.






5 comments:

Kelly said...

I think it looks VERY nice and like you have already decorated it! I love the picture of your dog laying there in the first picture!!! So fun!
That's quite a TV!

Jennifer said...

How cute! I love red as an accent color too!

Anonymous said...

Suggestion...
why don't you group your marilyn pics over your fireplace. Then you need BIGGER picutures over your TV. Go to Kohl's...they have 1/2 price pics and sometimes buy one get one free. That is where i bought alot of mine...and get pics with REDS in them...it will really "pop" that wall!!! Then get red seat covers for your stools...then....i could go on and on...but just some ideas!!!

Love,
ZN

Kelley said...

I love the pretty red shade on your bargain lamp. Bargains, in general, are a favorite of mine. You're doing a great job with your apartment and I love the zebra print on your blog as well.

Thanks for sharing!

M.E. said...

Nice space! Great tv! Go Sox!!!