July 27, 2008

The local fair

Friday night, my little niecey was spending the night. My mom came over and we met my friend Jenny and her fiance at the Lake County Fair. As we were pulling up to the intersection where you could semi-see the top of the rides, Ava was getting SO excited in the back seat of the car. I thought it was hysterical! I have never seen anyone get so excited over something! It was too funny! She was just talking and we were having our own conversation. At one point she asked, "Can I please just scream?!?!" To which my mom answered no. And then you just hear this short but excited scream in the back seat. It was hysterical!!!

It was pretty crowded and rather warm and muggy, but it was fun. I went on one ride with Ava. It was the gravity one that spins and then rises up. My stomach didn't feel too good after that, but that didn't stop me from having some fair food! Who could go to the fair and not get some yummy bad stuff?! I had some icecream (you know, since I was hot). Then I had some bites of an elephant ear, which I had never had before and I have to say are much better than funnel cakes! And of course, I had to get some cotton candy to bring home with me. Me and Ava enjoyed a few pieces right before bed! I just love cotton candy (or anything with sugar in it!).

Ava was a brave little one and wanted to go on all of the rides. Even the upside down ones!

Here are some lovely pics from the night...sit back and enjoy, there are quite a few...

Me and me mum

Me and Jenny
Ava flying like Superman

Acion shot...

Ooh yeah, I forgot...there are all different kinds of animals at the fair. It was fun walking through to see them all...but it did spell a bit! We saw pregnant cows that were just HUGE!

Aren't these pigs so cute?! They are spooning! ha!

There were even bunnies, turkies, ducks, ducklings (for only $20...I want one!) and so many other things I can't even think of?!

This is the ride I went on with Ava. She went on AGAIN later on...BY HERSELF! If you look at the top towards the middle, she is the one with the pink shirt on.

We were trying to get rid of tickets quick so we could leave. Jenny went on the Octopus with Ava...she said Ava was just chattering the whole time. She did the same to me on the spinney ride! She is so darn cute!

Nonni got to go on the dragon coaster with Ava...I'm sure she was thrilled! ha! :-)
I can't believe the weekend is already over! It goes WAY too fast! I can't wait for next weekend...I hope it arrives quickly!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh this sounds like so much fun!