August 23, 2008

Oh what a wonderful weekend...

Last night after work, Ryan and I met Jenny and Mike at the movies. We went to see the new Batman movie. It was our little birthday celebration for Jenny! The movie was pretty good. I can't stand to sit in movie theater chairs for so long though. My butt hurt SO badly! It's too bad Heath Ledger is no longer with us, he was brilliant in that movie and I wish he could continue to play the role of the Joker, as I'm sure they will be coming out with yet another. That was a fun time spent with friends. I'm a little sick of popcorn though...

Afterwards, mind you it was about 10:45pm, I had to run to my Dad's to pick up my niece. She was spending the night tonight, unless I wanted to pick her up at 6:30am this morning...nothankyou.

I awoke pretty early this morning, much in part to Ava. We had a full day though. We colored, made fortune tellers (remember those?!), watched a movie, took showers and went to the mall where she got a new outfit, got to play in the arcade, had some icecream and I went to Archivers to get some stuff for a little craft I had in mind (below).

And then guess what happened after we got home...

AVA DECIDED TO CHOP OFF HER HAIR!!!

Doesn't she just look adorable?! She wanted me to straighten it, and I did, but I thought it looked even cuter when it was curly. All her beautiful curls become much more curly.
Ava had a birthday party to go to at Pump It Up (a bouncy/blow up place) and Zizi was ready for some peace and quiet :-)
Now, on to my craft. I had put two pictures up in the hallway, but didn't really like them. I didn't hate them (they were pictures of random streets in Italy...which was cool), but they weren't my favorite. I don't feel like they were me? So I got this idea from just reading around on the internet. I went to the scrapbooking store and got some cool paper (hello discount bins...perfect for this, but cheap either way) and then some rub offs. I wasn't sure what kind of rub offs I wanted, but I think the ones I got were cute. What do you think? Aren't they pretty neat? I love the print on the outside frames!
I hung them in our hallway, leading down to the bedrooms, in a set.
I can't wait until we are married. I have so many monogram ideas, it's killing me! But I really want to wait to even make anything until after that is officially my last name :-)
I am beat after today. My Mister had a show tonight and I was too tired to do anything, but I did manage to clean (since there was glitter everywhere in the livingroom) and do some grocery shopping. Now I'm about to settle in for a good Lifetime movie (I think I have a problem...)!
Have a great rest of your weekend!

1 comments:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

very cute!!

I emailed you...I need you to email me another pic for your header. The one you sent was too small--the resolution was not good. :) Thanks!!