September 6, 2008

Feeling Fall

Okay, so first off, I have to show you what I got! I went to the trusty 'ole Wal-Mart last night to get a cake for Ava's family birthday party tomorrow (that we are hosting) and started browsing through the fall section (more to come on that in a moment!) and the curtain section.

Look what I found?!

I had something like this in mind to make the apartment seem a little more cozy and these were on clearance! I cleaned them out of the last two packages they had!

I love the red and it goes with our living room. Also, I'm sure you noticed I didn't get a long enough rod...I know, bummer. We'll have to go back and get a little bit longer one. I could take down the blinds, but since we're renting, we'd have to put them back up and, oh what a pain that would be!
But they totally fit in with my fall decor theme that I'm trying to get going?! Look what I found to add to my collection while I was there...

This cute fall colored bow that I put on the knob to our entertainment center (yes, those are still Christmas present from last year hidden in there).

This little scarecrow man is hiding out in the plant in the corner of the room!

And I got this candle holder (hello, reusable!) and some $1.00 pumpkins and stuck them on there, placed it on our mantle and voila! Pretty good so far, huh?! I thought so! Now I just have to go dig out my fall door wreath... I'm going to put together a little happy birthday/hannah montana suprise decoartions for Ava tomorrow, I'm sure she will love it!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love all your fall touches! That little scarecrow in the plant is so cute!

Mrs. B said...

I love your red curtains!!!! They are such a nice touch! And I love all your decorations! I love fall too. But I didn't realize how close we are to fall until today! Buuurrrr!!! I'm freezing! I pulled out my winter comfy pants! :)