November 9, 2008

Day 9 of 30: Winter is quickly approaching

First snow fall of 2008 - Friday November 7th.

Can you believe it?!

I mean, I know we live in Chicagoland and it's November, but can't you wait until at least December, Mother Nature?!

I do not lie; I was working, sitting at my desk with a window view. I was walking back from the bathroom and I noticed white flakes quickly trying to make their way to the ground, which fortunately was a little to warm for the flakes because upon touching down, they melted immediately. Thankfully.

I don't know about you, but I'm just not ready for the snow. Part of me wishes that we lived somewhere warmer, but the other part of me thinks that Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the cold weather. Not to mention, all (or most) of your friends and family are here.

In my perfect world, the weather would be a nice sixty degrees, with leaves on trees matching the beautiful hues of fall weather.

I just love Fall.

I only wish it would stay around consistently for more than a month tops.

It's been flurrying ever since Friday on and off. Still nothing sticking, but it is awfully cold if you're outside for more than, oh 30 seconds. Which makes walking the dog three times a day brutal.

What is your favorite season and why? Do you like snow? Where would you move if you could pick anywhere your little heart desires?

1 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Iowa was frigid. You are lucky to live here!

I nominated you for a blog award. You are my best friend and you deserve it! Follow this link to receive it!
http://yennysworld.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-am-so-honored.html