January 26, 2009

Our Silhouettes

Because we aren't really in a 'holiday season' right now...I am lacking decor on our end table. I have a three pillar candle holder thingy on there with nothing on it, but that isn't all to decorative.

So...after seeing these on other blogs, I decided to make our own!

I found these two cute frames at Michael's in the clearance aisle for $0.99 each!!! Isn't that lovely?!

Then I took side profile pictures of us. Nothing too fancy just a nice profile!

Then I printed them out on regular printer paper. I ended up coloring them with permanent marker. Two coats to be exact.

I tried painting them at first (on picture paper), but that didn't turn out too good. The paint kept chipping and wiping off. The permanent marker works really well though.



And then just glued them onto a piece of card stock. I LOVE how they turned out and find myself looking at them frequently.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute idea but...don't you have Photoshop? You could have nixed the permanent marker idea and just cut them out in the program and fill them in with black..all on the computer. Kind of like I did on our Christmas card this year. That's how I did those...just my thoughts...but I really like the idea and was thinking of doing something like that with my family!
See ya soon!